Hi Eugen - thanks for the feedback.

Creation is a framework for building tools, it is not an application like
Softimage or Maya. Modules like Flora are extensions to the framework, they
are not complete applications. We provide the functionality to enable a TD,
TA or programmer to build custom, high-performance tools. The point of
Flora is not to cover everything you describe out of the box. We could
build that, but we'd charge over $5k per license and have to introduce a
pretty tightly defined workflow.

What Flora provides is the building blocks for building your own, highly
specialized, vegetation tool quickly and easily. Simply put - if I asked
ten people for their ideal vegetation tool, I'd be amazed to see agreement
between even two of them (beyond a magic 'make a tree' button that reads
your mind!). What we seek to do is provide the 80% of functionality that is
generically valuable, along with open access to our code and PyQt hooks so
that the last 20% is not painful to develop. The last 20% is where all the
differences occur - not in the 'it needs to be high-performance', 'it needs
to be cross platform', 'it needs to be procedural' layers.

Now, a 3rd party developer may come to us and say they want to build the
tool you describe below - our technology enables them to be
high-performance, cross-platform and fully integrated into Softimage, Maya,
Arnold (and more as we/others add to the list). This allows them to
concentrate on specific functionality related to the problems they wish to
solve with their tool. This tool may completely different goals to the
vegetation tool that a studio wants to build with Flora.  The workflow
provided is not considered as definitive, it's considered as a sample,
because we don't believe there is a generic workflow that covers every
requirement.

Thanks again for the comments,

Paul