Thanks everyboy for the replies, between here, some mails and twitter
(apologies if I don't reply to everyone individually) it seems there's
enough interest.

At this point it feels like I'll stick to the original idea of making it a
path from 101 to intermediate. Maths, as far as I'm concerned, are part of
the absolute fundamentals, as are principles of design, some dev models and
techniques that we generally seem to stubbornly refuse, or re-invent the
wheel around, despite the fact other fields have consolidated them years
ago.

To what level, and starting from where, maths will feature is a bit
trickier. To me linear algebra would be an absolute basic, but I know some
people are, but shouldn't be, intimidated by the subject. In those regads,
if CGS clears it, I'll probably bundle two weeks from my TD workshop as
pre-curricular (those who've done that workshop can probably attest that
they are well separated from pure development and easily digested), I think
that would be good added value, and not take away too sizeable a chunk of
the 8 weeks from actual rigging subjects.

I can't honestly recommend what I have in mind to some of the more veteran
riggers or people who were already rigging AND took my TD workshop. A mix
of previous experience and some overlapping notions would make about half
this workshop redundant, so Eric or Alan, especially Eric who's already
been exposed to a lot of the elements of design I apply to rigging working
here, will probably want to avoid spending money on it.

The intended target would be a mix of animators who want to start
understanding the discipline instead of randomly clicking around, TDs with
little rigging experience, beginner to intermediate riggers with no serious
technical direction background, and people who do have experience in the
domain, but by pressing schedules and the need for murderous turn-arounds
never had the time and possibility to dedicate time to deconstruct and
re-learn what they are doing from a different perspective.

I might actually submit the draft of the curriculum to the list for
feedback in the near future to see how that's received.

Thanks again everybody.

--
Our users will know fear and cower before our software! Ship it! Ship it
and let them flee like the dogs they are!