Hi All,

This is NOT arnold related, this is OpenImageIO related :)

As always, trying to use external binarys with Softimage is a bit of a
pain.
As always, it always works with others applications.
As always, the tools always needs to be modified *only* for Softimage
As always, [ insert rant ]

If you have a Linux machine (in my case CentOS 6.3) and OpenImageIO
installed you can use maketx as a command to convert textures to mipmap and
tiles. And it as a nifty feature to resize the image to the "power or 2".
But I'm not able to use it when the artist is using Softimage.

Python code to test in application X

#
import subprocess
subprocess.Popen("maketx /home/stefan/test.jpg --resize -o
/home/stefan/test.exr", shell=True)
#

This will genarete a EXR file (in most other applications....). Softimage
only spits out this:

maketx: /usr/Softimage/Softimage_2013_SP1/Application/bin/libstdc++.so.6:
version `GLIBCXX_3.4.11' not found (required by maketx)
maketx: /usr/Softimage/Softimage_2013_SP1/Application/bin/libstdc++.so.6:
version `GLIBCXX_3.4.11' not found (required by
/usr/lib64/libOpenImageIO.so.1.0)
maketx: /usr/Softimage/Softimage_2013_SP1/Application/bin/libstdc++.so.6:
version `GLIBCXX_3.4.11' not found (required by
/usr/lib64/libboost_regex-mt.so.5)

Anyone knows of a workaround for this that doesn't include SitoA?

regards
stefan andersson

--
*Stefan Andersson | Digital Janitor*