I suspect the pieces from the shattered object are either interpenetrating
right from start or have a collision offset greater than zero. Or you have
found a bug.

One thing I found is that I shattered a cube with Implosia and then applied
a Momentum DRB.  When I start simulating it kind of explodes instead of
just coming down.  If I shatter the same cube with the ICE shatter compound
and then I apply the MOM DRB it behaves different and it comes down as it
should.  This is odd...