As much as single things in max works fine, whole application
is completely out of logic for a lot of people and simply don't work.
And suite is actually pushing people to learn 3 different tools, to switch
daily to 3 different workflows and logic to achieve what actually can be
done in single application.
Every single switch from application to application in a day is taking time
and slowing workflow. Not only time to switch but time to
switch mentally to new shortcuts, UI, workflow...
Idea to specialize max, maya and Softimage and then to use each in only
couple areas is pure and simple idiotic and just an attempt to get more
money selling 3 applications instead of one. Simple as that.
No one can give good argument that constantly going
to different applications can be faster than sticking inside your main
application and pushing project.