Hey everybody,

I've been having a problem lately that I'm unable to save my scene as if I
opened a shared copy. It says
"[scene] cannot be saved because it has been loaded as a shared copy.The
main user is" and there is no user listed.

So I know what this window is, and I am suspecting the problem is that Im
saving via a script that is located on the server, so when I run the
script, maybe the SERVER is the new owner of the file? So locally I cannot
save it?
That makes sense in my head, but if so, how do you avoid that problem, I've
worked places with save scripts like the one I made and they didn't have
the issue so hopefully there is a way around it..

I thought it was the deadline submission script as that does a 'save as'
too  and that's also located on the server - same problem potentially.

Cheers!
Simon

Simon Reeves
Freelance 3D VFX Artist