Hey guys,

So I'm trying to set some environment variables via a batch script but this
page (
http://softimage.wiki.softimage.com/xsidocs/EnvVars_EnvironmentVariableReference.htm)
doesn't have a workgroup variable to set.

I stumbled upon Stephens blog (
http://xsisupport.com/2011/11/09/setting-workgroups-at-startup/) which
references a *data_management.workgroup_appl_path* variable but then I'm
forced to use the SI command prompt and to be honest I'm not even sure how
to call that thing from within a bat file since *call "C:\Program
Files\Autodesk\Softimage 2013 SP1\Application\bin\SIShell.bat" *doesn't
seem to work.

I've tried this which works...

echo \\path\to\proj\pipeline\extensions\softimage2013\workgroups\Arnold >
"C:\Users\%USERNAME%\Autodesk\Softimage_2013_SP1\Data\workgroups.wkg"
echo \\path\to\proj\pipeline\extensions\softimage2013\workgroups\RGH >>
"C:\Users\%USERNAME%\Autodesk\Softimage_2013_SP1\Data\workgroups.wkg"
echo \\path\to\proj\pipeline\extensions\softimage2013\workgroups\3rdParty
>> "C:\Users\%USERNAME%\Autodesk\Softimage_2013_SP1\Data\workgroups.wkg"

The problem I have is that if we ever change the workgroup paths, on next
launch, Soft holds onto those old paths with Kung-Fu Grip even though the
paths in the .wkg file are set properly.

I can't stand many things in Maya but this is one area it's clearly ahead
of Soft.

set MAYA_MODULE_PATH=\\path\to\proj\pipeline\extensions\maya2013_5\modules
<-- done deal

Btw, I know about xsi -w option but I'm not sure how that would work with a
.bat file. My setup is like this...

File one:
call \\path\to\setEnvVars.bat
start /min cmd /c "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Softimage 2013
SP1\Application\bin\XSI.bat"

File two:
Sets all envvars.

File one calls the file that contains the envvars, those get set, then it
launches Soft. If I was to use the -w flag, it would have to go on the end
of the second line in the first file and not in the envvar's file.

So basically, the second line of file one would be something like this:
start /min cmd /c "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Softimage 2013
SP1\Application\bin\XSI.bat -w \\path\to\workgroup1,\\path\to\workgroup2"

Will someone that understands this setup please shed some light on this
little golden nugget of my day?

--
-Gene