Hey Gene,

The easiest and most reliable way to have complete control over workgroups
is to rewrite your *default.xsipref* file before launching.

You'll find in your program root under /Data/Preferences/default.xsipref
The format is pretty straightforward. At work we made a 50 line module to
parse it to a Python dictionary and back out, but I don't think I have
permission to give that out.

In there you can set (or make it if unexistant) your *
data_management.workgroup_appl_path* (pref) variable to whatever workgroups
you need.

(Yes, I know using Python is not a 100% pure batch command approach, but
it's not too hard to make a commandline utility to call to rewrite the
prefs.)

Hope that helps ya.
Cheers,

   -- Alan