You could achieve this in compositing inside FX Tree.

From: softimage-boun...@listproc.autodesk.com
[mailto:softimage-boun...@listproc.autodesk.com] On Behalf Of Morten Bartholdy
Sent: Thursday, May 02, 2013 4:58 PM
To: softimage@listproc.autodesk.com
Subject: Tips on volumetric strand render

I am doing glowing trails using strands and it is working pretty much like I
want it - see attached greenish trails with glowing tips. I have one snag
though - the client really likes the look seen in the attached Trapcode still
(the multi clored one) - much like lightpainting with long exposure time, so
overlapping trails and especially bends in the trail become brighter by the
exposure effect.

So my question is, is there a way to achieve something similar with MR and
volumetric rendering of strands? Currently I am piping a gradient with high
values for the glowing tip into the ambient slot of the Particle Volume Cloud,
which would not provide the look my client likes :/

I would very much like to avoid finding an AE artist to do this in Trapcode
since I need these trails to fly in between and behind 3D objects in the scene,
and preferably also reflect in the surfaces of said objects.

Any tips are much appreciated!

Cheers - Morten