For topology, there is no SDK access. But a custom node can do all the low
level stuff (manipulating the so called PolygonalDescription).
Same for Kinematics, a custom node can manipulate a 4X4 matrix.
At the end you need to set the topo/kine using the corresponding attribute.

Here is an example (with source code) to create topology using a custom ICE
node: http://frenchdog.wordpress.com/2012/01/05/happy-2012/

If you want to do everything with one node, it is a job for a custom
operator I think.

Guillaume