Funny, I'm almost opposite...

I get very uncomfortable (physically uneasy) dealing with "no effect"
partitions floating around containing a mix of hidden and unhidden objects,
especially in large scenes, I need everything locked down and explicit.

I'll normally have a working/Default pass where I set visibilty properties
locally on objects so I can throw stuff around but I like to know when it needs
rendering again it will actually get rendered.

Can't push the case for well named partitions & passes enough, it's always
worth the time.

I also stack all the cutlery in the dishwasher strictly by type so my ocd
tendencies probably show through a bit.

 Adam
Yoyo Digital Ltd.
07956 976 245