I could not agree more.

Like many others I do leave the "default pass" alone for modeling and other
misc. tasks though.

Ed

From: softimage-boun...@listproc.autodesk.com
[mailto:softimage-boun...@listproc.autodesk.com] On Behalf Of Andi Farhall
Sent: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 5:38 AM
To: softimage@listproc.autodesk.com
Subject: Hiding background partitions etc

My particular workflow is to always hide background partitions for both
geometry and lights and to explicitly set visibility of all partitions, and I
do this as i feel it gives me a more secure control over what shows up in
renders. I currently experiencing some scenes which use a much more relaxed
approach to object visibility and whilst i wrestle with them i'm contemplating
making some suggestions to my superiors, but thought it wise to garner some
opinions here, just in case i'm completey wrong....

cheers,

Andi.