Thank you Matt

the issue is not defining the data type, the problem I'm facing is trying
to let softimage treat my customOperator as one that is changing topology.
one of the advice I found online was defining the first parameters on that
operator as "siClassIfTopo", that method is valid for the object model but
not in the c++ signature.
Ran