Looks like this
method<http://download.autodesk.com/global/docs/softimage2013/en_us/sdkguide/index.html?url=si_om/NurbsSurfaceMesh.GetSubSurfaceIndexArray.html,topicNumber=si_om_NurbsSurfaceMesh_GetSubSurfaceIndexArray_html>would
be useful to you if it was implemented in ICE. It'd be perfect with
the UV to Location node.

It's the opposite issue with polygons. You can extract the polygon index
from the location but it's missing the polygon UV.
I was hoping to be able to build a location from scratch using those two
attributes. But I couldn't find anything about polygon UVs, even in the sdk.

Maybe Grahame knows?