If you clone the points clone the id into a new attribute, then you know which
particle is the parent. And add a attribute that it's a clone. You can use that
later to decide not to put orientation values on.
Build a set from you tangent, whatever values and then you can select the
corresponding value from that set.

I'm not in front of a computer right now, but I'll have a quick look at it if
you don't get it working.

Chris

--
christian keller