On 23/07/2013 17:56, Vladimir Jankijevic wrote:
Hi list,

I'm having little trouble here with a custom ICE node. I didn't touch the subject for a long time so I'm a bit confused :) What I want basically is a node with an input which takes any context, loop over all the items from the input and output a single value. Is that even possible? I've found the BBoxGenerator example and that's basically what I want but I couldn't get my node to load in Softimage as soon as I have a different output Context type than what I have as input context type.

Hi Vladimir,

The only other things I can think of checking are maybe the context constraints when you define the ports i.e. make sure they're not using the same constraint map and, possibly, ensuring the node definition is set to single threaded (like BBoxGenerator). Using single threaded gives you much more latitude in mixing ports of different contexts whereas multithreading, by default, seems to enforce stricter rules about input/output port evaluation...often resulting in mixed input/output ports being evaluated incorrectly. In fact, almost all the time I find that multithreading requires that input and output ports be in the same context.

I tend to use multiphase a lot of the time since it seems to bypass lots of port context issues (probably because all the initial phases are single threaded anyway).

Julian