Hey check this out.

Someone recently helped me with exporting ice particles to cinema4d. He wrote
this:

i used the exchange-plugin from realflow. unfortunately alembic does not
support any particle-attributes except position as far as i know. but it works
quite well with the realflow-plugin. for transferring the
rotation/orientation-information to cinema i use the Reallfow-vorticitychanel
in the icetree . than you have the ability to transfer this attribute with the
Realflow-iterator to your clones in xpresso.

And he sent me this screendump

http://saved.im/mtg5mta3d2p6/softimage05.jpg

Dunno if that'll get you anywhere