It seems to take many years of professional usage before a new technology even gets nominated, which explains why some stuff on the list has been available solutions for years now. I wouldn't hold my breath for Fabric to be nominated next year. It will probably take a few years before they are even considered... but that's just my observation based on previous nominations.