Interesting list of gotchas, thanks for sharing!

To my surprise ICE and reference models seem to play nicely. I have close
to a thousand referenced pointclouds that are dependent on each others and
so far it's stable. I don't think I could keep up with the complexity of
the shots without a way to update all my setups simultaneously. All GetData
and GetTopo nodes are open to change on each setup individually and the
delta keeps track of that.

My only issue is the speed. With scenes taking up to an hour to save/load
it's almost a deal breaker. I try my best to optimize but
it should.

I can't wait to have something like ICE in a modern architecture software!