http://softimage.wiki.softimage.com/xsidocs/custom_basics_CreatingandUsingWorkgroups.htm

Plugin Manager, Workgroups tab, File, Create. (you can do it manually
though)

Now you have a folder with an structure similar to your SI User folder. Put
your plugins and uncompressed addons here (you don't necessarily need to
install your addons, just use the same folder structure and it will be fine)

When you want to install an addon file to your Workgroup, not your user
folder, do it with the Plugin Manager.
In the Tree tab, right click in your Workgroup folder, install xsiaddon.

Martin