Hey all, I'm currently hold a permanent position i small studio, but I'm
starting to wonder if freelancing isn't the way to go for me, This brings
me to the question of hardware, and I'm wondering if any of you freelancers
can't give your input on what the minimum spec for a workstation should be.

I cant afford anything beyond basic, really the no 1 reason that I'm
thinking about freelancing is the complete lack of zero's on my bank
statement. But it also limits my options equipment-wise quite a bit. I'm
thinking something-ish like this:

intel i5-3350P
8 gig ram
geforce 640 gtm
no ssd :(

So I guess my question here is if there's possible to do simpler 3d work on
a personal workstation like this? I understand that its POSSIBLE but how
badly will I want to chew my arm of after say 6 months of freelancing doing
product viz and motion graphics?

--
JOHAN FORSGRENCG ARTISTPhone + 46 31 752 20
00johan.forsgren@edithouse.seDirect