Nice Alan! Will check that, does it also report how fast I go on my jet-pack :D

On 10/16/2013 11:50 AM, Alan Fregtman wrote:
Hey guys,

I needed a /speedometer/ the other day to see how fast some vehicle rigs were really going and I couldn't find one already made, so...

*xsiaddon file for v1.0:*
https://github.com/darkvertex/softimage-speedometer/releases/download/1.0/AF_Speedometer.xsiaddon

*Source up on github* if you wanna help me improve it:
https://github.com/darkvertex/softimage-speedometer

*Once installed you can find it in Get, Primitive->Speedometer.* Have something selected and it'll pose-constrain the label onto it. Select points or faces and it'll cluster-constrain (so it can follow deformations.) Look at its /DisplayInfo_options/ property to configure.

It produces a text balloon with a runtime scripted operator so you can put it in a model and give it to a friend without the plugin and it will still work no problem. (No dependencies, yay!)

In 2013 and higher, it employs an /Annotation Object/. In earlier versions it uses two nulls and an ICE string ShowValues trick to fake a label. (I couldn't get the scop and icetree cooperating under one null unfortunately.)

You tell it the world scale of 1m in xsi units (10 by default), and you can toggle units on/off including: xsi/s, m/s, ft/s, kmh, mph, knots and even Mach number <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mach_number> (so finally you can sleep at night knowing the jetplanes in your animation were truly supersonic.)

Hope it's useful to somebody.
Cheers,

   -- Alan

ps: If you find bugs, post in the Issues page on the github project, thanks.

--

ALOK

GANDHI

/ directeur technique senior- senior technical director

alok.gan...@modusfx.com <mailto:alok.gan...@modusfx.com>

T:

*450 430-0010 x225

F: