I use my own selection toggle tools, but I've never had a problem like that
and I can't reproduce your problem even if I try it only using my mouse. SI
remembers the last tool I used when changing between selection modes.

How are you changing your selection modes?

On Wed, Oct 30, 2013 at 1:10 AM, Sergio Mucino <sergio.muc...@modusfx.com>wrote:

>  Okay. I'm not sure if there's a preference for this, but I REALLY want to
> turn it off.
> This is what I'm doing...
> 1. Go into Polygon selection mode. For some reason, the selection tool is
> set to Raycast, so I'll switch it back to Rectangle.
> 2. Select some polygons.
> 3. Select Adjacent -> Points
> 4. Smooth Envelope Weights on the selected points.
> The select tool is set back to Raycast!! I have to change it with EVERY
> CHANGE I do! And I have to repeat this operation several dozens of times.
> SI is driving me crazy with this. Is there a preference somewhere to NEVER
> change the selection tool unless I explicitly do it? Thanks for any help!
> --

<<Sergio Mucino_Signature_email.gif>>