*>> And btw, it seems that even if you change the subject the emails get
grouped inside the previous thread you used to reply. Should we always
write from scratch to create a new thread?*

Yes please. Always start fresh for each new thread.

The grouping doesn't always happen by subject line necessarily. There's
hidden(ish) mail headers that carry IDs. Good email services/software know
to look at them. In Gmail if you got the down arrow button and click "*Show
original*" you'll see a header like:

which matches the Message-Id from the previous message, whose header would
be like:

and that's how Gmail (and good software) connect the dots when possible.

The more you know! ;)