Yes that’s what we did previously on a model that had just a few surfaces to
cache (a mouse).
Here however we have a robot with hundreds of elements, some rigid and some
deformed, with a pretty huge geometry count. Things risk getting big pretty
quickly, so I was hoping to avoid caching unless it was strictly necessary.

Incidentally, what would be the best practice to cache rigid elements (i.e.
transforms only, no geometry) to avoid having large amounts of data written out?

Jean-Louis

On 16 Nov 2013, at 02:57, Cesar Saez <cesa...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Or you can just cache the rigs (en everything else) before send them to the
> farm... just saying :-)

Jean-Louis Billard

Digital Golem
BE: +32 (0) 484 263 563