Doesn't soft comes with an TCP server example already ? Alan, can you explain what is different in the one pointed on the github ?
On 11/28/2013 1:59 PM, Alan Fregtman wrote:
xsiaddon files you're typically are used to are but containers for one or more plugin files, which are often scripts.

If you download the repo (click "Download zip" on the right side) and extract somewhere, there's an Addons folder and inside it one folder, the addon.

Move that folder to your Addons folder in your personal Softimage user root. To get the path you can go in Softimage, File->Plugin Manager, and in the list rightclick on "User Root" and click "Browse" and you'll see a window with the path to it.

You'll see there's an Addons folder in there. Put the addon folder ("TCPServer_For_Softimage") inside the Addons folder, then restart Softimage.

Reading your question again, you'll need to do a lot of work if you want to stream geometry or something like that. With this server you can send scripts or one-liners to Softimage to execute, which can be pretty useful nonetheless.

If as you say you're not a programmer, what do you wanna do? Because you're gonna need to write code to get anywhere practical. :/