I think installation instructions should be hosted by the project they
belong to. I mean, other developers certainly should give links for the
dependencies and also write down some basic instructions, but the usual
thing is get installation instructions just below the download link or in a
readme-like file within the project.

That doesn't mean it is Steven's responsability, anyone could write an
article and contribute to the project. Perhaps Paul's note did not fit into
the project scope, but we should keep working on it until reach that sweet
spot.