From: David Rivera [activemotionpictu...@yahoo.com]
Sent: 21 January 2014 08:40 PM
To: softimage@listproc.autodesk.com
Subject: Solutions for running softimage on a MAC Station?

Hi list, I talked to an IT guy the other day.
He says that the MAC/WIN problem with softimage could be solved by virtualizing
the MAC so Softimage can run in it.

So I suggested that virtualization probably won´t take full advantage of the
graphics
card (as it is only an emulator of a "safe" display for windows in any case).
So we agreed on making heavy-test-renders to see that point happen.

In any case, are there any other solutions to installing Softimage into Mac
stations?
I´ve been googling and found no good - liable results.

If anyone on the list with experience on network rendering / installing shares
his/her experience on a softimage environment on MAC, would be greatly
appreaciated.

Thanks.
Cheers.

David.

style="width:100%;">
size="1" color="#999999"><span style="font-size:11px;">This communication is
intended for the addressee only. It is confidential. If you have received this
communication in error, please notify us immediately and destroy the original
message. You may not copy or disseminate this communication without the
permission of the University. Only authorised signatories are competent to
enter into agreements on behalf of the University and recipients are thus
advised that the content of this message may not be legally binding on the
University and may contain the personal views and opinions of the author, which
are not necessarily the views and opinions of The University of the
Witwatersrand, Johannesburg. All agreements between the University and
outsiders are subject to South African Law unless the University agrees in