It worked for me perfectly using Parallels, speed wise is perfect but there is
one thing to take in account, you need more memory as you are holding both
operating systems plus the software, render data, etc…

And two, you are sharing the memory card of your graphics card (you can
fine-tune this) but I felt this was the key limiting factor for me, big big
scenes overflow the 2Gb Graphcs card I have… :-P

Other than that it is actually extremely fun to virtualise Softimage, you can
share data between systems, your devices (usb keys for example) are going to be
piped wherever you want… etc… truly amazing.

And also you can make your mac video capture record your Softimage session and
still the machine works perfectly so there is a lot of power under the bonet.

So, my conclusion is that if you are going to do power user work it is better
to bootcamp as a solution, if you are doing production work but does not
require massive amount of graphics card memory you are better of with Parallels.

hope that helps.

Jordi Bares
jordiba...@gmail.com