I was asking myself the same question for years until early 2010 when he
suddenly stood next to my desk at the company I was working a few years ago -
Sproing Interactive in Vienna. They didn't even know whom they had hired, and
it was not for Softimage programming or support either, but for game
(specifically shader) development.
He is probably one of the smartest guys I ever met, and at the same time very
laid back and discrete.
He doesn't seem to care much about Softimage or Plugin development anymore and
seems to prefer his 9-5 job and
his privacy. I tried to contact him sever times when I was trying to connect
him with Eric and Holger (some potential shader writing job) but he didn't even
get back....

Where *is* Daniel Rind?  It's one of those mysteries of Softimage land....