I just scratched the surface with RS early in the beta test last summer. My
wife was doing pro-bono design work for the NYC Human Rights Campaign
fundraising gala, and one afternoon I whipped up a neon sign graphic for
her. Rendering was a breeze and of course very very fast compared to Mental
Ray.

Just go spend the $100 and play with it. It's well worth it!

Eric