Hi Adrian - sure, I understand. We had to make a call about where to focus
our resources - we decided that building the platform was the most critical
thing to do, rather than trying to monetize the modules. Building a
complete, artist-ready application is a significant investment and it's
very hard to justify it - we have to do things where we see enough money
coming from it to sustain the company. I think we'll see 3rd party devs
using Fabric as a plug-in framework this year - Eric Mootz posted some
thoughts on that:
http://fabricengine.com/2013/12/fabric-for-third-party-developers-eric-mootz-first-look/

That said, we definitely want to be viable for smaller studios - and sooner
rather than later. There will be elements in 2.0 that will be of interest
to everyone.

Paul