every time that video pops up, Dave sits next to me with his head in his
hands.....

hehehe

  _____

From: softimage-boun...@listproc.autodesk.com
[mailto:softimage-boun...@listproc.autodesk.com] On Behalf Of Ahmed Barakat
Sent: 04 March 2014 15:56
To: softimage@listproc.autodesk.com
Subject: Re: Retirement.....

an old softimage 3d testimonial video featuring lots of london's old timers
from various studios including a young Kim Aldis :),
https://vimeo.com/21515771

On Tue, Mar 4, 2014 at 5:41 PM, Francisco Criado <malcriad...@gmail.com>
wrote:

Ed, i'm having a constant loop here ;)

F.

On Tuesday, March 4, 2014, Ed Manning <etmth...@gmail.com> wrote:

Stage 1 lasted nearly 5 years. It's only natural to spend a few days in
stage 2.

The stages, popularly known by the acronym DABDA, include:
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K%C3%BCbler-Ross_model#cite_note-Santrock-2>
[2]

1.      <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denial> Denial - As the reality of
loss is hard to face, one of the first reactions to follow the loss is
Denial. What this means is that the person is trying to shut out the reality
or magnitude of their situation, and begin to develop a false, preferable
reality.

2.      <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anger> Anger - "Why me? It's not
fair!"; "How can this happen to me?"; '"Who is to blame?"
Once in the second stage, the individual recognizes that denial cannot
continue. Because of anger, the person is very difficult to care for due to
misplaced feelings of rage and envy. Anger can manifest itself in different
ways. People can be angry with themselves, or with others, and especially
those who are close to them. It is important to remain detached and
nonjudgmental when dealing with a person experiencing anger from grief.

3.      <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bargaining> Bargaining - "I'll do
anything for a few more years."; "I will give my life savings if."
The third stage involves the hope that the individual can somehow undo or
avoid a cause of grief. Usually, the negotiation for an extended life is
made with a higher power in exchange for a reformed lifestyle. Other times,
they will use any thing valuable as a bargaining chip against another human
agency to extend or prolong the life they live. Psychologically, the
individual is saying, "I understand I will die, but if I could just do
something to buy more time." People facing less serious trauma can bargain
or seek to negotiate a compromise. For example "Can we still be friends?"
when facing a break-up. Bargaining rarely provides a sustainable solution,
especially if it is a matter of life or death.

4.      <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Depression_(mood)> Depression - "I'm
so sad, why bother with anything?"; "I'm going to die soon so what's the
point?"; "I miss my loved one, why go on?"
During the fourth stage, the grieving person begins to understand the
certainty of death. Much like the existential concept of The Void, the idea
of living becomes pointless. Things begin to lose meaning to the griever.
Because of this, the individual may become silent, refuse visitors and spend
much of the time crying and sullen. This process allows the grieving person
to disconnect from things of love and affection, possibly in an attempt to
avoid further trauma. Depression could be referred to as the dress rehearsal
for the 'aftermath'. It is a kind of acceptance with emotional attachment.
It is natural to feel sadness, regret, fear, and uncertainty when going
through this stage. Feeling those emotions shows that the person has begun
to accept the situation. Often times, this is the ideal path to take, to
find closure and make their ways to the fifth step, Acceptance.

5.      <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acceptance> Acceptance - "It's going
to be okay."; "I can't fight it, I may as well prepare for it."
In this last stage, individuals begin to come to terms with their mortality
or inevitable future, or that of a loved one, or other tragic event. This
stage varies according to the person's situation. People dying can enter
this stage a long time before the people they leave behind, who must pass
through their own individual stages of dealing with the grief. This
typically comes with a calm, retrospective view for the individual, and a
stable mindset.