Raff, Well I would like to humbly disagree with your 'corspe' analogy.
People will still continue to use Soft. Maybe not big shops and huge
pipelines but those small shops and lone artists that have been using it
for many years.

I think AD stopping development does not mean that it will not be used. I
now for myself that I will use it to get some odd jobs done. For a few
years, I was palnning to a do a personal animated short, I think now I will
be starting on that project in a few months. It will be all soft.

Of course, I have developed for Maya, Houdini and Nuke as well and will
continue to do so. Fabric is awesome and I want to contribute there as
well. But that does not mean  I will abandon doing things in soft.