It really is the dark ages... I have thought for some time AD should have
used just the pass system alone as a reason for big studios to adopt
soft...The only thing close is Katana.... but thats a whole different can
of worms... it would be so much easier to market soft as the scene
assembler of the lot to the big boys... FX and Rendering in Soft is so far
ahead of anything in the AD toolbox as of this point, but I bet the person
who makes the decisions at AD does not comprehend how much better.

The problem is there is not anyone who understands that there was/is a way
out of this mess.... just a tad of vision and action is all it takes.

AD has some of the best tech in the world,but  they are like Xerox , they
don't see the potential in gui interfaces and mice.....

"you give them eyes, yet they can not see"