A good friend of mine is working at Mac Guff on Maya (despicable me), he
was a very good xsi guy, a talented modeler, a little bit technical, and
extremly organised.
He's been on Maya since 3 years now and is supervising the modeling team.
I also worked on Maya for a few years, and still do it times to time. I
even was the CG sup for an animated movie all done in Maya, but I'm trying
to stay on Softimage as much as I can.
All I can say is we both strongly agree that working with Maya is huge PITA
when you're used to the smooth Softimage workflow, and it is definitly
right to say that it's taking 1.5 to 2 more time to do the same task in
Maya than in Soft.
The VFX industry is not an easy one for both big and small studios.
I can't imagine how hard it's going to be for Softimage places and
specially the small one to do the transition...
Le 8 mars 2014 22:30, "Eric Thivierge" <ethivie...@gmail.com> a écrit :

On Sat, Mar 8, 2014 at 4:28 PM, Ahmidou Lyazidi <ahmidou....@gmail.com>wrote:

> You can't compare maya and soft reder pass system, maya's one don't have
> the partitions and override propagation system, which make almost useless.

Exactly correct. Maya doesn't really look like a solution for lighting /
rendering unless they scrap their system and implement something more
modern.

Eric Thivierge
http://www.ethivierge.com