From: softimage-boun...@listproc.autodesk.com
[mailto:softimage-boun...@listproc.autodesk.com] On Behalf Of Leendert A. Hartog
Sent: Saturday, March 08, 2014 3:58 AM
To: softimage@listproc.autodesk.com
Subject: Re: Update to the Softtimage Transition Plan

Hi, mr. Patel,

Thanks for the update, but it raises another question:

(If this is a stupid question: sorry, I'm having a hard time processing all
this ATM.)

Two quotes...

>From the OP:

"Based on your feedback we will be adding the ability to continue to access
Softimage indefinitely with your Subscription entitlement even after we stop
support on Softimage in April 2016."

>From the FAQ

"If you need to use Softimage after February 1, 2016 you will be able to access
it through the Subscription center in the same way that Subscription customers
can access prior versions today."

In the FAQ one element from your OP seems unclear. You clearly speak of
accessing "Softimage indefinitely", while the FAQ states the usage "in the same
way that Subscription customers can access prior versions today.".

As I understand prior version rights aren't indefinite.  I believe older
versions cease to be available after three years even under this program.
While I assume/hope the condition you've laid out in your OP to be correct, but
if so the FAQ could use some clarification in this respect.

Greetz

Leendert

--
Leendert A. Hartog - Softimage hobbyist AKA Hirazi Blue - Administrator @, NOT