Thanks for the clarification Maurice. I just wanted to make absolutely sure what my options were. This makes a huge difference as to whether the Maya offer is a deal I can use or not.
Ben Rogall

On 3/8/2014 6:51 PM, Maurice Patel wrote:
Hi Ben
The answer is no, you do not need to be on subscription to continue to use
Softimage. Your licenses are perpetual. You can continue to use them. The issue
that the forums initially raised, and that we addressed, was about what
happened if you were on Subscription. Originally after the two year period, if
you were on subs, you would have been transitioned to a Maya-only license
losing access to Softimage. We fixed that so that now if you are on subs you
will still be able to access Softimage similar to the way you can access
previous versions today. When a license is issued it is yours in perpetuity
until you replace it with another one (say through an upgrade or subs download)
and we now fixed that problem
maurice

Maurice Patel
Autodesk : Tél:  514 954-7134

From: softimage-boun...@listproc.autodesk.com
[mailto:softimage-boun...@listproc.autodesk.com] On Behalf Of Ben Rogall
Sent: Saturday, March 08, 2014 9:38 AM
To: softimage@listproc.autodesk.com
Subject: Re: Update to the Softtimage Transition Plan

Yes, I have exactly the same question (I posted it on si-community yesterday).
The question is regarding what happens if one transitions and continues a
subscription to Maya after Feb 2016. If you need to continue accessing your old
version of Softimage, are you required to continue your subscription to Maya in
order to maintain the Softimage access the same way subscription is currently
required to continue to access previous versions. This will have influence over
whether I begin a Maya subscription.

Thank you,
Ben Rogall