Question is actually is does any of these concerns comes anywhere near
people taht can make any decision at all even by long shot,
or they are all filtered and fire walled by poor souls that in front of AD
have to receive negative feedback from Softimage guys?
It is simply possible that all these complains simply gets filtered,
anything that has anything to do with same Softimage options is pushed to
spam, end of story, and those that ask about Maya transition they are ok.
And just one more thing to add and really nothing else is left to say. To a
lot of people Softimage is really ONLY solution and tool they can use in
daily work to be productive and competitive.
Transferring to anything else, either AD horses max and maya or others on
the market houdini max.... will render them efficient enough to fight for
place on market which is hard even as it is.
So beside working every day you need to learn new thing too.. Do you really
think that people now have time for that? O to simply just stop working for
a month or more to learnt new tool and then start working gain. And
remember people have to eat every day, pay bills...
So whoever thought of brilliant idea: oh they ca just move to another tool"
have NO IDEA how this work is done and what it means to find any time per
day or week for learning beside trying to work for living.
But how they could know, their bank accounts are filled that they can stop
working and earning now and would be set for couple generations...
Us, "normal" working people actually depend on daily and monthly income.