From: softimage-boun...@listproc.autodesk.com
[mailto:softimage-boun...@listproc.autodesk.com] On Behalf Of Martin Yara
Sent: Monday, March 10, 2014 11:05 AM
To: softimage@listproc.autodesk.com
Subject: Re: Headus UV Layout

I've only tried Headus UV Layout a little in Trial Mode and it seems quite
powerful but a little difficult to get used to it's GUI and workflow. Almost
like Zbrush, if you stop using it for a few months you'll have to re-study it.

Have anyone tried Unfold 3D? The unfold standalone version. I like the built-in
unfold Softimage has but it is pretty basic like the old Roadkill, so I was
wondering how was the full version. I guess I'll have to try the demo.

BTW, good thing Maya will have Unfold in the next version. That would make it a
little less painful.

Martin

On Mon, Mar 10, 2014 at 9:35 PM, Paul Griswold
<pgrisw...@fusiondigitalproductions.com<mailto:pgrisw...@fusiondigitalproductions.com>>
 wrote:
Not that it'll compete with a dedicated UV app, but 3D-Coat has always done a
very good job with UVs for me.  Andrew has just released a new beta with
"Globally Ungorm Unfolding" in addition to the other methods:
http://3d-coat.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=10395&hl=

It has a Softimage AppLink so you can send models back and forth very easily.

-Paul

[https://mailfoogae.appspot.com/t?sender=acGdyaXN3b2xkQGZ1c2lvbmRpZ2l0YWxwcm9kdWN0aW9ucy5jb20%3D&type=zerocontent&guid=a65ce63e-ae21-422f-bf0d-1c2e0f1d68ac]ᐧ