A young Post graduate from my old animation course, recently shared  the
maya Comet resource page, excitedly proclaiming

all the great extra functionality he had found.

functions such as... :

   - *autoTangent* - Animation utility for nicely smoothing tangents but
   without overshoot.
   - *cometAttrEditor* - Quick attribute utility to re-order attrs up or
   down in the channel box.
   - *cometJointOrient* - Complete Joint Orient script for properly setting
   up joint axis
   - *cometMenu* - Builds a menu for all of the scripts found here.
   - *cometMirrorMesh* - Modeling util for polygon point mirroring,
   selecting, storing and more. Good for blendshape creation. Requires my free
   PoseDeformer plugin as it uses one of the nodes.
   - *cometRename* - Nice rename utility with complete Search/Replace,
   Prefix, Suffix and AutoNumbering.
   - *cometSaveWeights* - Save and Reload skin weights by point order or
   point position.
   - *cometSkinWeight* - A nice simple UI for setting weights without
   having to use the Component Editor.
   - *cometTransferWeights* - Transfer skin weights from one or more joints
   onto another.
   - *libBubbleSort* - MEL Library routines for custom bubble sort and
   comparison procs
   - *libMirror* - MEL Library routines for mirroring object transforms.
   - *libSkin* - MEL Library routines for working with skinClusters.
   - *libString* - MEL Library routines for working with strings.
   - *mirrorSelX/Y/Z* - Mirrors control objects for rotation behavior
   - *offsetConstraint* - Lets you set up a Point or Orient contraint
   keeping offsets using an extra group.
   - *snaps* - Basic snapping routines for snapping one object onto
   another.
   - *toggleAffected* - Toggles the pink Maya display of affected nodes in
   the viewport.
   - *toggleIsolateSelect* - Quick way to isolate select objects off and on
   in a viewport.
   - *toggleWireframeOnShaded* - Toggles a viewports wireframe on shaded
   display.
   - *toggleXRay* - Toggles a viewports XRay display.
   - *wireShape* - Builds a number of custom control curve shapes.
   - *zeroOut* - Zero out controls/transforms by inserting an extra group
   in the hierarchy.

Maya Plug-Ins

*PLEASE NOTE: I am not supporting these plug-ins past Maya version 8.0. I
do not have compiles for Maya 8.5, 2008 or after, if you wish to use it
with these versions you must compile it yourself.*

Posted in the complete incomprehension, that these features missing from
Maya, is not a good thing.

I remember exhibiting a similar thrill when having managed to create my own
MEL pivot align script,

until it hit me that i had just spent half a day creating compensations for
a pre-existing feature universally

accepted and integrated in every other DCC nae CAD nae PPS in the World !
...FOREVER !!!

I have not checked but how many of these simple as fuck features have made
there way into Maya 2015 release ?