"For example, only a small proportion of our Softimage customers are
actually current on the Softimage software. Many are using older versions.
These customers will be able to continue to do so in perpetuity. Given that
they are productive using older versions of the software, this decision
should not significantly impact that productivity. For customers who have
built their production capacity around staying current with our releases
there are several options including locking their pipelines on Softimage
2015 indefinitely or transitioning to a Maya or 3ds Max pipeline."

These people are not happy they're still on older versions, it's the
stagnation of development under Autodesk that's kept them there.  I'm
sorry, but this is a shameful misrepresentation of the facts, Maurice.

DAN