Lets make something very clear here.
A) big shops might not be voicing their concerns for reasons other than
some of the utterly retarded conspiracy theories that are emerging. Reasons
might be that CEOs and producers in a place big enough simply DO NOT give
enough of a damn about this, or that they are not a bunch of fanatics but
they deal with business the way business is dealt with, or even that it's
not infrequent for shops having a "no vendor bias" policy which extends to
publicity, positive or negative, of any kind tied to a specific vendor.

B) the forewarning was a small handful of weeks for the luckiest, as short
as 10 days for those at the end of it, and many were simply left out out of
sheer incompetence (See Glassworks).

C) the shops you mention might be considering to flip the finger to AD as
well. As usual I can't speak for, or even imply what is going on in, Animal
Logic, but I know first hand that more than a place was already trying
their absolute hardest to marginalize as much as possible integration of AD
products. Do you think how this latest move was handled is helping?

D) Last but not least, I don't know where this dysfunctional theory some
people seem to have that big shops get bribed by vendors to promote things
to the peons. Sure, it sporadically happened in the past, especially in SGI
days, but ultimately the margins in VFX and Feature Animation are so small
you have no idea. The singular sole priority in any big shop is to work as
efficiently as possible financially. If it involves using AD products AD
itself could be helmed by Satan and have a side-trade of illegal arms
contraband and AD products would still be bought.
If working with AD is potentially financially damaging, given how small the
cost of software itself in a pipe is these days when the pipe is wide and
long enough, many birds would be instantaneously flipped at AD.

Honestly guys, get a grip. There's no conspiracy theory, just some people
are a lot more rational and more divested across resources than those
frothing over it. It doesn't mean they aren't saddened, or suddenly even
more concerned about AD's client policies, but they don't all have XSI
tattoos on their buttocks.