exactly what mr Lord said.  until there is a viable alternative for
you then stick with Soft. I dropped subscription with Autodesk
*because* of a percieved lack of development (compared to the past)
but am now negotiating with the reseller so that I can catch up with
subscription so as I can gain access to the final version.

am looking at houdini and Maya but am in no hurry. as a freelancer the
amount of work in softimage will gradually dry up - whilst am learning
Houdini and Maya to stay competative in the market