Yes thanks from me too Jordi. It's so generous to help in the way you are. I'm
keen to delve into Houdini, and it's great to be doing it with familiar faces
around. ( well familiar names anyway)

I've been learning Fabric KL part time and been pretty encouraged by my
progress so far, although I suspect Houdini could be a walk in the park in
comparison ( for me, being a novice coder)

Ironically, I can't help but think that us SI/ICE people are poised to be in a
great position moving forward  , what with Houdini, probably improving its
animation workflow and tools, Fabric going (adding) the visual programming
route soon?, and bifrost there also becoming ICE like possibly?  And of course,
ICE itself still working as good as ever. Seems like actually there will be
lots of options even if there is no SI replacement.

I am excited about adding Houdini and Fabric to my toolset. It really does feel
like progression rather than a backwards step.
I want to learn more Modo too. (Mainly for Mesh fusion), but also because, I
think it's healthy to have more non AD apps being around and doing well. Its a
good thing for everyone.
After years of minimal (displacement making)usage, I've also recently become a
big Zbrush fan and have realised far more of its potential and thus can't wait
for v5.
Im starting to feel this monumental EOL kick up the arse could turn out ok in
the end for us if we keep moving forward. (although I'm still angry about it )