It does tend to bloat its own interface, lot of panels opening up, similar
to maya.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZ2ob8F3sJQ

This may be an older version of Blender but it's the version i tried, have
they fixed this ?
i mean they can pretty much take the package where ever they want,
something i feel autodesk
can't do for fear of disgruntling its precious maya legacy users, a
practice i find damnable cheap and cowardly.

even if you are not going to change the core interface, initiatives such as
CAD Junkie ZEN are a breath of fresh air in this regard and free to boot

letting people experience tools in an up to date efficient new layout.