From: Sven Constable [sixsi_l...@imagefront.de]
Sent: 14 April 2014 11:36 PM
To: softimage@listproc.autodesk.com
Subject: RE: Mental Ray Standalone

You're right, but I think these advantages of using standalone-MR are very low
or not existent in a educational environment. I wouldn't expect student to
change MI2 files to get access to MR features that are not exposed in the GUI
of their 3D-application. And that applies to Softimage as well as maya or
3dsmax. I was not talking about rendering from the GUI versus standalone but
rendering xsi-scenes via batch with royalrender (or any other manager) instead
of rendering pure MI2 files.

sven