hey Spare, did you solve this?  if it must be a syflex sim and the only way
to solve it is for both meshes to be merged then surely the only issue is
injecting force into the ball?  hit it with a big cube?

also momentum probobly does this *really* wellI but thought I'd have a go
without Syflex or Momentum and use ICE verlet instead and 'Vorlex' for the
RBD simulation inside of ICE. this way I could hack the two systems
together with a pointcloud on the net geometry. see here for an extremely
non robust example and link to scene file
https://vimeo.com/92092218/
is this the kind of thing you meant?