I mostly use PSD, since I use Photoshop to create many of my textures.
I used to convert to TGA files, in the old days, when Softimage wanted only
pic format, and used a plugin , for Photoshop, to write PIC files. (many
moons ago)

Today is so much easier being able to use PSD files directly in Softimage.
Just don't use CMYK PSD files. :)

--

Best Regards,
*  Stephen P. Davidson*

*(954) 552-7956*    sdavid...@3danimationmagic.com

*Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic*

 - Arthur C. Clarke

<http://www.3danimationmagic.com>