The difference imho is equivalent to modelling pulling vertices to zbrush
sculpting. It is the state of mind in which you start thinking about poses,
blocking, refinement of animation as a sequence of clear steps rather than a
soup of keyframes.

In the sense that an animator does not need to open an curve and worry about
slopes but only timing and pose, this is imho a completely revamp of how things
should be done and I would bet money if you put a true animator (2d trained
with years of experience) the result till blow you mind.

My God I have been waiting for this… Finally!

It is clear the combination for me is modo+houdini…

Jordi Bares
jordiba...@gmail.com

On 25 Apr 2014, at 18:20, Norbert Kiehne <softim...@norbert-kiehne.de> wrote:

> Hmmm, maybe I am missing something here, but what is the difference to
> selecting all your controls and using the dopesheet or meta curve region/
> animation editor to change the timing and spacing of your animation?
>

> On 25.04.2014 18:56, Jordi Bares wrote:
>> I would say this is a game changer, just give it to a _real_ character
>> animator (traditionally trained) and I would bet you the output will be
>> amazing.
>>
>> Jordi Bares
>> jordiba...@gmail.com
>>
>> On 25 Apr 2014, at 17:43, David Rivera <activemotionpictu...@yahoo.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi, I recorded some of the webinar launch. Around minute 7 you´ll see the
>>> new animation worflow in Modo 801.
>>> IMHO, this is what I´ve always wanted as 2D/3D animator. Anyone thinking
>>> "south park 2D" and regular 3D animation
>>> with this workflow?
>>>
>>> Modo801 - New Animation worflow
>>>
>>> ps: video is just uploading. Should be up around 15 more mins.
>>>

>>> Modo801 - New Animation worflow
>>>
>>> View on youtu.be
>>> Preview by Yahoo
>>>

>>> David Rivera